For the next 30 days, we’re providing free access to non-subscribers so you can see what we have to offer. And if you subscribe by June 1, you’ll get a 25% discount on your subscription!
We hope you’ll like what you see and want to support local media.
Click here to start a new subscription
Twelve Colorado-based military families will receive a staycation at Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort as part of the Military Merriment Initiative.
Colorado has eight military bases and more than 35,000 active duty military men and women. For many of these families, the holidays are a difficult time because mom or dad won’t be home.
Made possible by the resort and Colorado Springs Moms Blog, the initiative will gift the families a two-night stay with a stocking full of experiences and activities. The getaway also will feature a 30-minute Skype call on the resort’s 120-inch screen so each family can chat with their deployed family member.
Nominations for military families are being accepted through Dec. 1; submissions are accepted online at coloradosprings.citymomsblog.com.
To be eligible, families must be based in Colorado and have at least one child and one active duty parent deployed who will not be home for the holidays. Military Merriment is for immediate family members only.
Staff members at the resort will select the top 24 finalists. Public voting starts Dec. 4 via Colorado Springs Moms Blog’s Facebook page. Votes must be posted by 5 p.m. Dec. 8. Finalists will be posted on the resort’s website and Facebook page Dec. 11.
“This holiday season, we wanted to do something special for the families who selflessly share their spouse or partner with us to keep our country safe,” said Scott Marn, the resort’s managing director. “We wanted to let them know that their sacrifice does not go unnoticed and we hope that our recognition will give them a few new reasons to smile this holiday season.”
Each recipient will receive a package valued at $890. Package includes:
• Two-night stay in a deluxe guest room on either Dec. 15-17 or Dec. 22-24
• On-property complimentary breakfast for the whole family
• On-property complimentary childcare for two hours at Kid’s Korner so mom or dad can enjoy a complimentary 50-minute massage at Alluvia Spa and Wellness Retreat
• Complimentary participation/entry in the resort’s holiday activities, including elf turndown service, gourmet hot cocoa by the fire, popcorn and a holiday movie, and more
• The opportunity to select from a donated items to assemble a “holiday care package” for their deployed parent, shipped overseas free of charge
• One 30-minute Skype session
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.